Friday, January 28, 2011

New Webzine


Quality Writing on the Web

Beginning February 15th, 2011 The Writer and the White Cat will be accepting submissions for our new quarterly Web Magazine.  We will be publishing 5 stories per quarter, paying 5 cents per word.  The word limit is 2500 per story.  We'll also be publishing movie reviews at $50 each.  We'll have the submission guidelines for fiction posted mid-week along with the email address to send them to. We're interested in reviews from established authors as well, and will set payment and terms for that by next weekend.

The new website is being designed and the first issue will be published June 1st.  Payment will be upon acceptance.

We're open to mystery, suspense, horror, western, romance, fantasy, steampunk and sci-fi.   Our favorite stories are mysteries, however, so although we're open to all genres, we are interested mainly in stories that embody the elements and atmosphere of mystery. This is our first time doing this, so input from you is absolutely welcome.

MySpace Tracker

31 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Dude, that sounds very exciting. Can't wait to see what follows!

Rick said...

Lana's logo was the inspiration!

mafarivar said...

Any genreis fine I assume?

the walking man said...

Steampunk? I had to search that one out. I truly wish you good fortune with this endeavor Rick. Stempunk? Really? Winning The Future?

Charles Gramlich said...

Rick, you're a saint man. :)

David Cranmer said...

Congrats, Rick. I will link over at BEAT to a PULP when the time comes.

laughingwolf said...

grats, rick... sounds like a grand undertaking :)

Christine Purcell said...

Wow, Rick. That's awesome!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's very cool!

Rick said...

ma- absolutely an genre as long as their is the element of mystery.

Rick said...

Walkingman- yeah, me too, but...

Rick said...

Charles, don't saints get persecuted?

Rick said...

Thank you much, David!

Rick said...

Thanks, laughingwolf. I'm hoping you'll submit something.

Rick said...

You've converted me, Christine. Steampunk lives.

Christopher said...

Definitely interested in hearing more about this. I've been trying my hand at writing movie reviews on a blog I have for a while now and I'd definitely enjoy the challenge of writing one for an online publication. I'd be very curious to know what movies you'd like to see reviewed.

Travis Cody said...

Now that is very cool.

Melissa said...

This sounds really interesting and awesome!

laughingwolf said...

thx, hope to, bud... will keep an eye out for it :)

Sir Otter said...

Sounds cool. I've got one I think might be of interest. Just waiting word as to where and when to submit. :)

David Barber said...

Sounds great and the place looks awesome. Looking forward to it! I'll link it up on my blog and The Flash Fiction Offensive.

Good luck with it!

Regards, David.

Unknown said...

This truly sounds great - I can't wait until you are accepting submissions.
Billie

Middle Ditch said...

Cool! You accept scripts?

Rick said...

Christopher- We'll have complete submission guidelines up including for movie reviews by tomorrow.

Travis- Damned straight!

Melissa- It's going to be fun and I hope you sumbit something.

laughingwolf- International submissions always welcome!!

Sir Otter- We'll be right back at you with that.

Rick said...

David- the Flash Fiction Offensive sounds great and thanks!

Hi Billie- We'll be looking for you to send something along.

Middle Ditch- for you, yes!

Meagan Elizabeth Hightower said...

How long will the accepted word lengths be? I mostly write short stories.

Rick said...

Hi Meagan- we're starting out with a 2,500 word limit, but we're open to suggestions.

Anonymous said...

Hey - congratulations! I've been out of the loop for a while, so I just saw this. I hope it works out supremely well for you.

It's a shame I couldn't write a mystery to save my life. :)

Barbara Martin said...

Way to go, Rick. That's sure to be a daunting, yet fulfilling enterprise.

Rick said...

Kate, from you, I'll bet it would be worth a look anyway!

Rick said...

Been traveling a lot, Barbara; sorry to take so long to get back to you and say thanks!