Monday, December 10, 2012

Working the Writing Deals



With 15 or 16 magazines being published at White Cat Publications now that Sam's Dot Publishing and White Cat are merging operations, I realized that it's been a month since I blogged and am now one of those bloggers trying to explain where they've been for an extended period of time.

The thing is that there are a lot of people committing a lot of time and good faith to White Cat's success, and I very much appreciate their trust.

So I'll be spending a lot less time blogging and a lot more on making sure that White Cat's growth trajectory is such that writer's have more places to submit their stories than ever before and readers can discover a new home for genre stories.

Happy Holidays to anyone I don't talk to before next Spring!  By then the company should be well on its way.

Also, I'm looking about for another small press publisher to acquire.  If you know anyone out their who might be looking for a new home for their publishing efforts, let me know, will you?  I hate seeing good magazines or book publishers fold just because they can't carry on.

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It's your bread and butter and your passion - spend more time there!

Charles Gramlich said...

I'd say that's where you need to focus for sure. We'll be following you one way or the other.

Bernard Lee DeLeo said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Rick!

Rick said...

Good advice, Alex. Big dreams and a lot of work ahead!

Rick said...

And hopefully by the end of next year, even more growth for White Cat Publications. Thanks always for the support.

Rick said...

Same to you, Bernard- and don't forget to submit to Dark Intent Magazine!

Vesper said...

Rick, let me wish you Happy Holidays, a very Merry Christmas, and all the best for you and the ones you love!
The White Cat makes me proud! :-) :-) :-)

laughingwolf said...

big kermie YAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

may your successes keep rolling...

happy new year, all :)